Agricultural data in Open Data: innovation just a click away
At API-Agro, we are convinced that access to digital agriculture is essential to foster the development of innovative solutions. This is why our data exchange platform hosts Open Data (open data and free data), in addition to offers whose exchange conditions are set by the issuers.
About twenty agricultural data sets are already available on the API-Agro platform.
These are public data offers from various sources:
- the Ministry of Agriculture and Food
- the National Institute of Geographic and Forest Information (IGN)
- the Arvalis Technical Agricultural Institutes (for plants) and Idele (for livestock)
- the Chambers of Agriculture
This already covers several types of data:
- Environmental data
- Production data
- Technical data
- Geolocated data
- Regulatory data
- Reference data
- And statistics (aggregated data).
Simplified data access
To discover this agricultural data, it is very simple: registration to the API-Agro platform is free and three clicks are enough to view and access the data offers
Examples of Open Data to find on API-Agro
- The file listing ruminant seed placement companies registered with the Livestock Institute.
- Arvalis BaseSol (extract), a veritable catalogue of typical soils by region.
- AGRESTE data indicating areas, yield and production of plant production by department and region of France.
- The Graphic Plot Register (RPG) which lists all the plots declared by farmers for the CAP and provides an annual geolocated representation of the occupation of French agricultural land.
- The list of experimental stations of the Chambers of Agriculture. And many other data offers, by file or by API, to be found in the API-Agro catalogue.
Are you looking for other types of data that are still missing from the platform? You have until September 15 to answer our #AgDataQuest questionnaire.